Knights of the Stars

Go down

Knights of the Stars

Post  DragonKing Err-again on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Knights of the Stars

By: Patric Harvey

James had always wanted to be a knight. His Father was a wizard, and of no royal blood. Of his Mother, he knew nothing. Since he had no apparent royal blood, he had no way of becoming a knight. It was this fact that tormented him every single day, no matter how much friends or family tried to cheer him up. However, he had no way of knowing the great Destiny that was in store for him. He had no way of knowing the great adventure that he was about to have…

James scrambled up the rock wall, being sure not to scrape his exposed shins. He was actually a poor climber, but climbing the same wall every single day could cause you to learn how to do something no matter how bad you originally are at something. He got up to the top of the wall… and fell. Ten feet down, he hit the ground. He was on the Squire Field. The Squire Field was a long, flat, grassy expanse that the knights’ squires would do battle on.
He knew for fact that every day, the squires would have a free-for-all on the field. And he knew that they would assume that he was wearing armor. He thought of climbing over the wall, but it had been smoothed down on this side of the field, undoubtedly to stop squires from performing a sneak attack. So, he ran. His goal was to find Sir Pigg-Pigg, which was his real name, and a knight he was good friends with, and ask him to take him out of the school.
He had run so fast, he hadn’t noticed any of his surroundings. Essentially, it was this fact that changed his life forever. It is highly likely that, were he paying attention, he would have seen something jutting out of the ground and swerved to avoid it. But, as it were, he smacked into it and flew several feet. He ran to the spot where he had tripped, and saw a strange, metallic glint coming from what he thought was a rock. He immediately began to dig.
He eventually came to unearth a strange, foreign looking suit of armor. He admiringly ran his hand down the well worked metal, and something strange happened. The armor began to shift, electricity running down the body of armor and change until it was exactly James’ size. “What the-? Bloody…” He figured he should make use of good fortune, and put on the armor.
He immediately felt stronger and more energetic. He was even feeling a little reckless, and he went back to the Squire Field. There was small a one-handed short sword in the belt of his new armor. He unsheathed it and began to battle the squires. One slashed at his exposed neck, and James took out his legs. Another tried to stab through his armor while a heavily armed squire, probably a Berserker Squire, tried a rapid series of slashes, stabs, and smashes with a hammer. James caught the hammer with one hand and flung it back at the Berserker Squire. The hammer slammed into the heavy helm and would ring for at least three hours before the helm was safe to touch. The other squire’s sword broke on contact with his armor.
One of the squires saw that James had no helm. That wasn’t completely true, however. While he did not have a traditional helm, he did have a visor that went around his head and protected his eyes. The squire had a lance and a battleaxe. One of the most deadly combinations in weaponry, the lance/ battleaxe combo, which was second only to the horse/ lance/ battleaxe combo, could kill a man in minutes with the long range stabs and the short-ranged crushing power of the battleaxe. But James was prepared. The squire stabbed his dulled lance, for of course the knights didn’t want the squires to die, at James’s throat. James raised up an armored forearm up and deflected the lance, then grabbing it and snapping it in half. The squire’s attack pattern was now broken. His plan had been to cut of James’s breathing with the lance, then knock him unconscious with his battleaxe.
Just as he was about to put his new plan into action, a huge mace slammed into the squire’s head, then James followed the mace up to the arm, and then looking at the entire body. There was something about the squire that scared him. He had dark black armor and a long grey cloak. The mace, fit for one of the smaller Eastern Giants, was easily held by the relatively small squire. In his scabbard was a deep-red sword with the symbol for a star inscribed on it. He imagined that the giant shield on the boy’s back had the same symbol inscribed on it.
The squire looked at him. He ran, jumping the whole wall in terror. What James hadn’t known was that this squire was wearing armor quite a bit like his own. The truth was, he was one of the least terrifying people alive. He was the son of the local Head Priest of the Region. And he was going to help James save the country… and the world.

“Really?” asked Jayson, the devoted apprentice of one of the lands most respected blacksmiths.
“Yes! He looked straight at me!” James replied.
“What? Oh, yeah, that. I was talking about the armor.” Jayson replied.
“What about it?” James said.
“Well, you just found it buried there? And it broke a solid sword?” Jayson said. “That sounds suspicious to me.”
“How so?” Then the sound of a door opening and closing interrupted their discussion. The Lore Master had entered the smithy for the first time since his brother had owned the place. But Jayson
“Hello, I couldn’t help but overhear your little talk. I have some information on that armor you found that you might like.” The Lore Master said.
James and Jayson looked at each other. James was a very proficient reader and writer. But Jayson had never seen a single letter before. But, he shrugged, figuring it would be read to him. The Lore Master led them through the town, eventually coming to the thane’s building. It was the largest building in the town, but would have been one of the smallest were it not for the library.
The library was a vast collection of books, one of the largest in the world. Their town was not the country’s capital, but it was sometimes called the Knowledge Capital, due to the library and fact that just about every master of a profession flocked there. The Lore Master took them into a secret branch of the library, pulled down several books, asked if they needed reading assistance, then left when James had replied no. Jayson had already opened one of the books, and was looking admiringly at the illustrations of the armor portrayed in it.
“Tell me what they say” Jayson said.
“The title is: The Knights of the Stars. ‘Though there are many different types of armors in the world, none can compare themselves to the Star Armors. These armors are of amazing power and quality. They have been rumored to have fallen from the sky upon a group of skorons-’” James began.
“What are ‘skorons’?” Jayson interjected.
“Skorons are a strange race that look and act almost exactly like humans, with just a few minor differences.
‘-who wanted to dethrone the current tyrant of their time. They had prayed to their gods, and it was said that it was these gods who had dropped the Star Armor onto the Earth. But, that is merely the fiction of the Armor.
Each of the armors is charged with a different element. There are fifteen Armors in all. Thirteen of the elements are known. These elements are Lightning, Fire, Water, Nature, Darkness, Light, Wind, Ice, Stone, Metal, Poison, Psychic, Chaos, Time, and Gravity. The Armors disappeared three centuries ago. It is rumored that the Armors were buried in Squire Schools, waiting for their Chosen One to come…,” James finished. James did not comprehend the last sentence until much later in his journey. Instead, he looked at the pictures of the different armors.
They were amazing. There was a picture of all o the Star Armors, labeled with the element that they were relating to. He saw that his new armor was of Lightning, and saw that the squire he had seen had been wearing the Darkness armor. He saw a glint in the corner of his eye. He looked up quickly, and saw that the glint was coming from a small scroll covered in a golden casing. He went over to the scroll, picked it up, and then opened it. It was filled with drawings and illustrations of weapons and had side drawings that he could not begin to understand. He passed it to Jayson, thinking that the side drawings must have been a form of communication between blacksmiths. Jayson saw the scroll and his eyes lit up like a building under siege.
Then the librarian came in. “Ah. I see you found the weapon scroll. Is there anything that you two would like to check out?”
“You mean… We can keep these?” James said.
“No. But you are welcome to keep one for a week.” He relied.
“Sir?” Jayson asked. “How long would it take to make one of these?” He pointed at a long-sword that was printed on the fine sketches of the scroll.
“A day, if one were to keep working it all day long.” The Librarian answered.
Jayson nodded his head, a gleam in his eye as he thought of the design for the sword. He already knew James’s sword size. Now all he needed was to make the sword. He picked up the scroll carefully putting it back in the gold casing, and then putting it in his pocket. Then he left, beginning to sprint as soon as he had left the library. James picked up the book that he had been reading and left the library with it, for there was still quite a bit left he hadn’t read.
It was about three hours to noon and James needed a day of rest and reading. His Father would be happy to hear that he wasn’t doing anything but reading today. He would be disappointed that he was ‘reading about something as barbaric as knights, but at least it is a start.’ James thought. James down in his Father’s study and began to read the book. He learned about the wars that they had participated in, the names of the former knights, he learned everything about them.
DragonKing Err-again

View user profile https://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk169/DragonMaster4/

Back to top Go down

Re: Knights of the Stars

Post  DragonKing Err-again on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:45 am

PART 2:

He woke up surrounded by The Town Guards. He didn’t remember falling asleep. He did remember reading the whole book. And his Father coming in, seeing the book, smiling wide, and leaving the room quietly. But, soon after that, there was nothing. He looked past the guards and saw that he wasn’t even in his Father’s study, or even his house. But he still had the armor on. One of the guards had a long sword, one of James’s best weapons. He punched the man in the face, knocking him unconscious, and stole the sword. He sliced through the air, sending a bolt of Lightning at one of the guards. He made a vertical cut at the guard closest to him, cutting through his armor and opening his stomach.
He thrusted at another guard, who jumped backwards. The jump was amazing. He flew up an entire ten feet. James figured he was either an athletic jumper, or seeing what James had done terrified him. Either way, it didn’t change how he landed. The guard smacked his head against a low-hanging section of the ceiling, the force of the jump causing him to do a flip in the air before he cashed to the ground. When he looked up, the other guards were gone.
In their place was a girl. She was about James’s age, with blond hair and deep, strangely orange eyes. She was wearing a purple dress with strange designs on it. Also, two things that were more bizarre than anything else was the tiara and the strange box. The box was pitch black with an electric-blue lightning bolt painted on it. She handed him the box, put her finger to her lips to signal silence, then signaled to follow her. They ran through the strange place, twisting and turning through the strange place.
When they got out, the girl looked at him and said “You’ve been in there for three day’s. Why did they capture you?”
James was stunned. Three whole days he had been in there! And he didn’t even know why! “I… I don’t know…” James managed.
Then Jayson popped out of nowhere. “James! There you are! I’ve been looking for you for days! C’mon, I finished your long sword.”
“My long sword?”

“Yeah, the long sword I made for you. Y’know, with the scroll from the library?”
“Um… right. The library…” It occurred to James that he would need to find the book he was reading when he passed out and return it. Jayson took him to the smithy and revealed a brilliant golden long sword with a blue lightning bolt, just like what was on the box, stretching from the hilt to the blade tip. “It’s brilliant. So, who where those people?” James asked.
“Those were the King’s Royal Guard. Or, rather, the Tyrant’s Elite Guard. Or my Father’s Guard. Whichever way you want.” The girl said.
“You are the King’s son?” James asked.
“No. The King is long gone. My Father overthrew him centuries ago.” She replied.
“Centuries?” Jayson inquired.
“Have you ever heard of the-” She glanced around, making sure no one was looking or listening, and then leaned in closer. “-Knights of the Stars?” James and Jayson looked at each other, remembering all they had learned about those exact same knights. The girl obviously saw recognition and quickly said “I thought you might have, since you are wearing one of the armors. Well, he is one of them. And I need your help dethroning him. I saw how good you were with that guard’s long sword. You are the only one who can defeat him!”
James had already made up his mind, but he had an idea. “Okay. Can you take people out of Squire Schools?” James asked.
“Yes. Why?” She answered.
“There is a boy in there that can probably help us…”
A few minutes later, they were standing outside the Squire School telling John, the squire who had scared James so much, about the mission they were on. “My duty is to my country. Lead the way.” John replied. James noticed a strange creature just visible in his cloak. He looked at the box, getting curious as to the contents. When he opened it, he was surprised to find a large egg. He ran his hand over the eggshell, surprised y the smooth surface and perfect shape. Suddenly, a lightning bolt-shaped crack appeared in the shell.
A network of cracks began to come from that one point in the egg. It cracked completely open, revealing a dragon. It was a black dragon with a blue lightning bolt down both of its sides and one over one of the eyes, running down and clouding the eye, just like a scar. The dragon gently bit James’s finger, and suddenly he could hear animals. The dragon spoke to him. “Hi, James! Let’s go, go, go!” The dragon began to grow. It got big enough to fit all of them on, swooped them all up, and began to fly. Then James noticed that John was still on the ground.
And then he was riding another dragon, this one grey and black with images of skulls on it’s wings. “This one’s named Grey Skull! What’s yours?!” John had to shout to be heard.
“Um… I don’t know, he just hatched!”
“My name is Blue Bolt!” The dragon roared.
“Neat name! How much longer ‘til we’re at the palace?!”
The girl replied “It is right over there!” They looked over at the area she had pointed at. They saw a huge golden castle with a picture of a red dragon flying on a giant black flag. The roofs were silver and there were several chunks of jewels on it. Blue Bolt touched down on the ground and began to go back to normal size. Grey Skull did the same. They began to walk in the direction of the palace.
When they came to the front entrance, a guard began to stop them, but the princess put her hand on him, signaling him to stop. They walked forward. Jayson produced a long, slender staff from somewhere and handed it to the girl. He got himself a blue axe. James brought his long sword out and prepared for battle. John did the same with his mace. Then they entered the throne room. It was a magnificent place, jewels everywhere and made of gold. And then they saw the figure in the throne.
He had red armor and a helm that had the appearance of a hawk’s head. His armor had spikes coming from several parts of his armor. And his giant dragon was orange, with horns jutting out from his head and red, slit-pupiled eyes. In the dragon’s mouth was a twelve-foot-long broadsword.
The man in the throne looked up. “Ah. My daughter returns. With guests. So, Amelia, are you here to try to dethrone me? With them as your allies? HAHAHA!” He picked his broadsword from the dragon’s mouth, as easily as if it was a toy. He told the dragon to fly up and the dragon immediately was in the sky. Blue Bolt and Grey Skull did the same. The tyrant ran forward and bashed the flat of his blade into Jayson’s face. Jayson had just enough time to throw his axe at him. It sliced through his armor and he howled in pain. The red armor made it clear that he was the Fire Knight. And Jayson had a water axe. It must have caused a lot of pain.
John took advantage of the time Jayson had allowed and slammed his giant mace into his head. James sliced through the armor in his chest. James let a large amount of electricity into the man’s chest, and John caused shadows to creep through the man’s head. The result was a burning mass of charred flesh and melting armor. After he was dead they heard a howl from above. They looked up to see that the dragon had suffered the same fate.

They had not saved the kingdom, James thought as he stood on a balcony. Jayson was still heavily wounded and they still had to find the rightful King or Queen. It would be a long difficult journey. But they had still defeated a tyrant. And James felt that, for a while at least, everything would be okay.

It's not the best, but I wrote it almost two years ago... I'm writing Knights of the Stars 2 for English now. Enjoy!art tow
DragonKing Err-again

View user profile https://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk169/DragonMaster4/

Back to top Go down

Post  draggonboy13 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:38 pm

good story...not much to say...prehaps extend wat you say about stuff...but other than that

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaster on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:15 pm

REAlly long!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Sorry, but I can't read much of it right now. From what I've read, it looks good, though. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I read it. It was ok. I would just recomend emphasising some details. Other than that, it's good.
Jaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down